Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who Is Safe?

Friday, April 11, 2008

Fact: One child is reported missing every 40 seconds in the United Sates.

This gives me chills. And I know it is not just in the United States, but also anywhere in the world
there are many missing children. It is not solely to be blamed on the parents, but on the society as a whole. Who is safe these days, anyway?

Being a mother of three girls, I should always be on my toes regarding my child's safety. Nothing is safe nowadays. Even neighborhoods are not a secure place for the children. I do not really know what happened to our society that even innocent, helpless children are victims of abductions.

The best thing to do is to really be cautious about the activity of my children, anytime of the day. I can be overprotective most of the time, but I guess it is better to be safe than be sorry later. It is better to be overprotective most of the time than have horrible experience regarding my child's safety.

0 comments