Related Posts with Thumbnails

My two older daughters left the other day. They were fetched by my sister's driver. They were invited by their cousins again to stay in my sister's house for a week. They loved the idea of spending a week there.
I miss them already. But we are in constant texting everyday. I always ask what is up with them and what are they doing. It is good to know they are enjoying their stay for now. Hopefully, they wont get homesick, that soon.
I feel good as a parent, knowing that my children are welcome and wanted in my kin's homes. I feel i am slowly training them how to adjust to people and situations on their won. Others say it is too early to let them be. But i think independence can be learned when I give them opportunity to be so, right?

2 comments
  1. Mimi April 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

    yes it is a wonderful experience to stay overnight with your cousins...
    they grow a little independent while still remaining safe...
    I know they will have a great time...

  2. PinayWAHM April 14, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

    Hi Hailey...

    Your daughters are lucky to have that chance. You're right...they only independence if you let them.

    Take care and have a great week.

    Juliana