Related Posts with Thumbnails

My sister just gave birth last month. It was quite an experience for her cause she had to undergo emergency surgery. Even if it was a happy one for all of us because we welcomed a new family member, she had to undergo close monitoring by her doctor. She needed full rest to recover from her child birth.
She named her baby Raphael which means "healer". We all liked doting over this tiny creation whom we consider as God's gift. He is such a charmer.
I was once in the same stage of child-bearing and nurturing infants. Having had babies in succession, I had to juggle work and life balance very carefully. It was a tough time but well worth the invested effort and time.
Being a working parent, I was not able to breastfeed that long. With hovering guilt and absence from home, I had to buy the best infant formula - if not the most expensive one.
Recently, I discovered that indeed there was no substitute for breast milk. For even the most expensive formula is not that nutritious as mother's milk.
Had I known there was not much difference in nutritional value between store brand formula to that of the expensive ones, I could have chosen the cheaper ones then.




Post?slot_id=67922&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

2 comments
  1. Pinay Mommy October 15, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

    It's been awhile since I have dropped by. Thanks for dropping into my online abode. Anyway, I am not online just like before. Got a new bundle of joy and I am breastfeeding. Though hinde masyado marami milk ko, I just let her latch as much as she can. Best talaga kasi ang breastfeeding!

  2. Chris October 17, 2009 at 4:32 AM  

    i breastfed my 2 kids... my eldest until 11 months and my second until 22 months :) that is the benefit of being a stay at home mom :)

    anyway, thanks for dropping by my site and replying re: homeschooling

    do you have a support group at your location? or a co-op of homeschoolers there?

    i am seriously considering homeschooling for my incoming grade 1 daughter.... still praying and praying and researching about it...

    what curriculum do you use?

    by the way, ill add you to my blog roll, hope you can add me to yours too! :)