Related Posts with Thumbnails

I was bewildered by the moment and thought of sharing it.




Just yesterday my husband was an invited speaker. He was given an hour to speak in front of students regarding I.T. related concepts. We decided that my eldest daughter would be the one to do the introduction of him. No hesitations, she agreed.

It was a such a sight to behold: my own baby has grown up and now speaking in front of people to introduce her Dad! It seems like only yesterday when we were busy changing diapers and mixing her milk. Now she is 10 years old and grown and has her own confidence to face an audience.

For a parent, it is such an affirmation to see our children grow, not necessarily perfect or ideal - just themselves and part of us.

Joyful tears and tearful joys are good, right?


(photo from www.pioneeryouthservices.com)

3 comments
  1. Patricia Rockwell August 31, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

    Oh, what a lovely moment and opportunity for your husband and your daughter! As a speech teacher, I congratulate them both on accomplishing something that would intimidate most people.

  2. Anonymous September 1, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

    A milestone indeed! I am always teary eyed whenever my kids speak, dance, sing, act, or do anything on stage or infront of people.

  3. raqgold September 2, 2008 at 2:43 AM  

    i would have cried with joy, too!