Related Posts with Thumbnails


Instant gratification is one outcomes of today's fast-paced world.

In a blink of an eye, everything happens instantly:internet technology, instant food, instant messaging, digital access to entertainment, instant calls, etc.
When everything happens in a blink of an eye, there is no room for patience to develop.
Patience is one rare virtue, the generation of today has yet to learn.
That is including me.

As parents, it is quite difficult to teach patience and waiting or even taking turns to children. How can our children learn the virtue when there is very rare practice?

I, for one, is guilty for the lack of it.
I hate waiting.
I do not like the agony of prolonged gratification.

Right now, I know I am given the loooonggg chance to practice patience. And it is not easy.
It is never easy to wait, hope and let the days go on without the outcomes right away.

How about you?


(image from
www.deshvidesh.com)

5 comments
  1. Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

    was here poh hopping

  2. Sunshinelene August 18, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

    hi hailey, thanks for the hop. we are all doing ok naman. :)

    take care and enjoy the day!

  3. Ella August 19, 2008 at 3:50 AM  

    really difficult talaga! guess, lahat tayo hate ang pinaghihintay.. :)

  4. Nancy Janiola August 19, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

    nakikiisa ako sayo Hails...ganitong ganito din ako. ngayong araw lang na ito, napatunayan ko na naman uli..hehe

  5. Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

    I'm just like you. Probably worse! :) It's so hard to wait, but each time I do, I ask God to make easier for me.
    Thanks for the great post. And for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. :) Have a wonderful week-end.