Related Posts with Thumbnails


June passed unknowingly.

My dear husband and I were on our toes for the past month. It is because business revenues are scarce during this time of the year; when parents pay for school expenses and matriculation in our place.
Being the budget officer of the house, I was worried more than what I showed to other family members.As days passed, there were many juggling and cost-effective measures I did just to make sure we would surpass this lean times of the year; aside from the fact that prices are skyrocketing more than the usual.
Today as first of July came, I was really in deep prayers that our finances will be better than the previous month. Then I read about Robin of Heart of Wisdom's entry about faith and how we should give God the Reins of our lives and I quote:

"When we wait patiently on God, we honor Him because we are allowing Him to have His way and His timing in our lives. It is the highest expression of faith in His righteousness.
In our weakness He is strong. God can and will do all. Abraham, Moses, and others in the Bible had strong faith; they were able to “see the invisible, choose the imperishable, and do the impossible,” and what was true for them centuries ago can be true for us today."

Now that I am on leave from my work, I am always at home. I can say I do have more hours in my hands to pray these days. Thus, whenever I do the laundry, the dishes, folding clothes or cleaning the floor - my silent prayers are muttered. Others might find this mundane or impractical, but I found this as my way to really be one with God, in very simple if not quiet way.

I know others will find it weird for me just to be home instead of earning a living outside ( just as I have been for twelve years); but I know that will happen again in the future, but not now.

As my husband left to meet with a client this afternoon, I prayed quietly, for God to provide for us in the most miraculous way; miraculous since he called this person just hours before the meeting.

Guess what?

He came home with a check!

I cannot thank HIM enough.


picture from: www.stfaiths.org.au

10 comments
  1. Rocks July 1, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

    I was inspired, greatly inspired by this post. God is truly great!

  2. Anonymous July 1, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

    Wow! Thanks so much for sharing rgus double blessing-- Your financial answer and letting me know I was a help. You have blessed me!

    God always supplies. Now you have this neat story to encourage you the next time a hurdle comes or to share with our children.

    Thanks much for letting me know.
    Robin

  3. Anonymous July 1, 2008 at 2:24 PM  

    prayer talaga is so powerful. glad to her he came home with a check, lahat naman tayo tight budget talaga ngayon.

    for you...
    http://liz.mommyslittlecorner.com/2008/07/sweet-home-blogger-awards.html

  4. Anonymous July 1, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

    Yes, Faith can moved mountains.

  5. PinayWAHM July 1, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

    God really works in mysterious ways.

  6. Anonymous July 1, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

    hi thanks sa visit, nice post..

  7. Rocks July 2, 2008 at 2:52 AM  

    thanks for the link, I added you on my other blog too :)

    http://rudolfraquel.blogspot.com

  8. Mimi July 2, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

    When you are willing to stay at home and be a help meet for your husband and take care of the home and children...I feel that God will provide for you all your needs...(maybe not all your wants)you just have to rely on Him...
    I am so happy for you that you are able to stay at home for awhile...
    Love,
    Mimi

  9. Anonymous July 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

    Hailey, I"ve yet to post my brag your kids tag, but I have posted a picture of my daughter here...hoping I'll get the tag soon.


    My daughter, my son, and more sons, and more

  10. imelda July 4, 2008 at 12:54 AM  

    Indeed prayers are powerful, sis. Your post is inspiring.

    Btw, can we xlinks, sis?