Related Posts with Thumbnails

My little (six year-old) one was reading her Christian Living text for homeschooling. It was about the Biblical Story of Creation.

Her: "Why does God hide from us?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Her: "He never shows His face and I wonder how He looks like."
Me: "He is not human like us and unlike us, He is Holy."

Does that make sense?

**************************************************

Her: "Mom, when Jesus was here on earth, long time ago, who was in charge of Heaven then?"

Silence.

Me: (in thoughts): How can I explain the Holy Trinity to a six-year old?

But I tried my best. Promise.

4 comments
  1. Anonymous July 6, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

    Gotta love a child's mind. You can tell her that God has super powers and He can be anywhere and everywhere at the same time :)

  2. PINAY MOMMY July 6, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

    hello mommy hailey! was here visiting you back too. thanks!



    Pinay Mommy Online
    Blessings and Beyond

  3. Mai July 6, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

    Good day,hope you could vote me on two contests where my blog Kookaboo/Emjei Says is nominated, hope you could visit my page daily to vote,thanks!!:)

  4. Anonymous July 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

    ohh she is so cute. ur right with the trinity, when the son was here,it was the father up there. now both ofthem are there - the spirit is here with us.right?

    btw sis, am sure u got a good say on this tag:
    http://sunshineleneforlife.com/2008/07/08/saturday-social/

    happy socializing!