Related Posts with Thumbnails


It has been a three months since I decided to test the waters of being a full time stay-at-home wife and mom. Except for sudden pangs of boredom doing chores repeatedly around the house, there is really not much regret with my decision to pursue a new route. No regrets, YET.

I cannot call myself a true blue, authentic work-at-home-mom (WAHM) no matter how much i want to. I have yet to find regular time to tinker with the keyboard big time, before I can be called a certified WAHM.

Deep introspection while doing the laundry or wiping spills on the floor, permits me to reflect on these questions: Does it really matter whether I stay at home or not? Does it really matter if I serve my family full-time or it will just be part of unknown history later? Who really cares whether I dutifully prepare healthy meals over instant food? If I really get out of my way to shop for the freshest, healthiest food for the family, who tells me to bother, anyway? Who gives a damn whether clothes are ironed or washed/folded with extra TLC? Whether the cupboards are well-kept or soiled clothes abound, I wonder who really gives a glance?

I have no idea, really. All I know is: it is my choice. Does it really matter?

In your life, what is it that really matters the most?

(photo from: www.dbtechno.com)

7 comments
  1. Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

    hi! tagged you. here's the link

  2. Sue June 25, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

    Forget about the chores and have fun with your kids! That's what really matters. It may not seem like it now but they will appreciate it later.

  3. Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

    i think you made a good decision to be a stay at home mom hailey..

    if time will come & pwede ako stay at home lang i will grab it..

    nkaka guilty leaving your children sa care ng help eh...

    btw a tag for you HERE

  4. Inaj June 26, 2008 at 3:06 AM  

    YOu know, for years, I have waited to have children. Now I am prepared emotionally and financially to have one but couldn't due to an unexpected turn of events. Be thankful and enjoy!

  5. Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

    it really depends on the individual... i told myself before that I am not going to stay at home and i will be a career woman... yah yah yah... after I gave birth... i stayed home with my daughter.. and I am loving every minute of it... yes there are occasions that I get bored... but everybody gets bored just do something... there's always a lot of things to do... :)

    hope you have a great week...

  6. Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 8:45 AM  

    being a fulltime mom is really tiring but rewarding job in the whole wide world. Ive been one for 3 months...i just hope that if our financial is already OK, i just like to be a SAHM or a WAHM.

  7. Danah June 27, 2008 at 5:36 AM  

    it's sounds easy as anyone would think, but i have no regret being a full time mommy because by the end of each day you'll remember all those good memories with your little baby.