Related Posts with Thumbnails



What is CAHOOTS? (kə-hūts')

pl.n. Informal.
Questionable collaboration; secret partnership: an accountant in cahoots with organized crime.

If people are in cahoots, they are conspiring together.
(from http://www.answers.com)

Well, except for the "accountants " and "crime" part of above-mentioned description, cahoots we did, to organize a Mother's Day party for my Mama. Read on.

Thursday: my sister texted that a party is in the works for my Mama on May 12,2008. Since she was just too busy to prepare she asked me to organize it for my Mama. Without batting an eyelash,I said yes...

An hour or so after, with my other sister's budget/money wired and my excitement boiling I started to do the legwork. I talked to my cousin-cook regarding the food preparation, plus told my Mama's driver not to tell anything because he was eavesdropping then. With the menu almost set, i jotted down other things to do or buy.

Friday I bought the souvenir materials and started tinkering with them.

Saturday came and I made the most of the time by reserving the cake and balloons . I made final consultations of the menu to my 3 sisters, online. Since the three of them approved and made it final, I had less things to worry about. They also told me that my second sister's coffee shop where the party would be, was reserved already.

So Sunday came and all I had to do was
pick up the cake and other food orders, buy a dozen roses which each apo (grandchild) would hand over to my Mama, the moment she enters the venue.

The next thing I knew: seven siblings together; (because our youngest was attending a friend's wedding in Mindanao, so he missed it)
plus in-laws and all my Mama's 11 grandchildren were shouting "Happy Mother's Day" in unison, as my 67-year old Mama stood in shock by the venue's doorstep!!!!She was indeed clueless!

Wheeww.

So that whole day was another one event - down wonderful memory lane.

That's cahoots.




19 comments
  1. Nancy Janiola May 12, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

    hi hailey..nice to hear from you...was reading your recent post..t'was something new..lol! na amaze ako sa word :-)

    anyway, just hopping back here...gudnight na from here..i'll be off to bed soon...TC!

  2. PinayWAHM May 12, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

    Hey nice 'cahooting' with your siblings...haha.

    I must say you did a good job...and I always admire people who pull such surprises...I'm not one of those...hehe.

    Juliana

  3. Anonymous May 12, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

    hopping here girl...

  4. Sunshinelene May 12, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

    hi hails, happy mom's day!
    got u another mom's day tag and i am sure u can do it. hehehe
    http://midlifedancing.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-heart-my-mom.html
    pls check that out.

  5. Anonymous May 12, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

    hi there been here tonight. please add my other blog too: http://bestofavee.com/ thanks na madami

  6. Ozzy's Mom May 12, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

    hehehehehe u wer all in cahoots pla to surprise her! how nice^_^

    tamang tama ang tag ko for u http://wannabesupermodel.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-have-best-mom.html

  7. Anonymous May 12, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

    hi! thanks for dropping by my site. added your link already. let me know when you have added me too. :)

  8. Maria Justine May 13, 2008 at 2:06 AM  

    been here!!!!

  9. Inaj May 13, 2008 at 3:22 AM  

    So good of you to do it for your mom. :)
    Can you also please add my other site? http://www.dabawenyako.com. I already added you there.

    Have a wonderful day!

  10. KCee May 13, 2008 at 3:42 AM  

    Hi Hailey!

    That was a great Mothers Day surprise! I'm sure you made your mom very happy. :)

    We celebrated with a simple get together at home, Mothers Day and my birthday celebration rolled into one. :)

  11. Francine Ann May 13, 2008 at 6:13 AM  

    hai's, tagged you here

    http://macheriefrancine.blogspot.com/2008/05/wants-in-life.html

  12. Nora P. May 13, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

    thanks for hopping.

  13. Anonymous May 13, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

    That's awesome! How cool to have everyone band together - I bet Mama was overjoyed :)

  14. PinayWAHM May 13, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

    Hopping on this Tuesday evening....

    Juliana

  15. Michelle May 13, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

    hi hopping here, thanks for the visit. :)

  16. Katelove's May 13, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

    Hello sis, just wondering if u would mind to exchange links? please let me know and give me your links so that i can add you. Thanks!! paki-add lng din ang sa akin, http://simplykate25.blogspot.com -katelove's, Thanks uli and best regards!!

  17. Heart of Rachel May 14, 2008 at 4:10 AM  

    That's a wonderful surprise for your mom. I'm sure she appreciated everyone's efforts.

    Belated Happy Mother's Day Hailey.

  18. Vhiel May 14, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

    hey momma... i have a tag for you here..

    http://tinyurl.com/5jwtro

    Vhiel
    Can of Thoughts
    Designs By Vhiel
    Anything and Everything in Between

  19. Michelle May 14, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

    hi thanks for the add. added you already. :)