Related Posts with Thumbnails

Dreams

Sunday, March 23, 2008

My best friend is leaving next month. I felt rushes mixed emotions when she told me she was leaving for good. I could not pin down the feeling that is inside me. Partly, I was happy for her because she would devote her time again acquiring another degree, which is Doctoral degree in Veterinary Medicine. To some extent, I feel gloomy because I will not be seeing her for the longest time.

One upon a time, we were young, free and full of dreams. We dreamed of many things one of which is setting up our business of novelty shop for home and office decorations, personalized/handcrafted items for giveaways or personalized private plates for cars. That was long ago.

There were so many years we spent together, from my freshman year in the University up to today. Eighteen years of friendship is no joke. Seldom do I meet a person whom I cherish for a lifetime. Next to my husband, she is the only one.

Truly, madly I will miss her.

2 comments
  1. Mimi March 25, 2008 at 5:24 AM  

    Hailey,
    I am so sorry that your friend is leaving...but with the wonderful world of Cell phones, computers, and the like...you will stay in such close contact with her...
    will she be coming back to your town when she finished her degree?

  2. Shosh March 25, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

    I am sorry to hear that Hailey. I hope wherever she's going, she'll have internet access and it will like she hasn't gone away.

    Shoshana