Related Posts with Thumbnails

Shopping, Saving!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

One of the languages of love my husband possesses is giving gifts. He loves to give out gifts to people especially loved ones. I used to be perplexed with this trait of him because, even the smallest item or simplest of occasion he finds time to give to others. When we were newly married, I had to adjust to his way of expressing how he cares for people: giving gifts. Thus, when he travels, he hoards a lot of luggage because he has token or items for everyone.

Come our birthdays he really takes his time to look for gifts for us. My children are very used to him giving out gifts that they actually look forward to these family occasions. Whenever I am with him I make sure I look for ways to save or cut-cost when shopping. Of course, that’s second nature to mothers like me: to save and maintain our budget.

On the hindsight, have you ever tried Christmas shopping way ahead of time? I heard that the Friday after Thanksgiving, which is blackfriday, there are so many items available online which we can choose from. If we have many people to give gifts to, like my dear husband, this is the best time to shop online than lining up early in stores, right? It will sure save much from our budget.

2 comments
  1. J. February 25, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

    Hi Hailey! Hope you had a great weekend! God bless! :-)

  2. Amel February 25, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

    Oh, but I hear that on Black Friday there are SO many people shopping he he he...but I don't know how crowded it can be since I don't live in the USA.

    Anyway, my hubby's primary love languages are touch and quality time and mine is quality time. :-)))

    Learning different types of love languages is important. ;-D