Related Posts with Thumbnails

HELP

Saturday, February 02, 2008


Tired.

That's how i feel right now. I feel physically and emotionally drained. Sucked up. But if you were in my shoes, i bet you would feel the same.
Let me reiterate to you again why...
I am a wife to my husband for almost eleven years now.I play the role mother to three school-aged daughters. I work full time to earn a living. I have no house helper for almost two years now. I market and cook our food, prepare meals and occasionally wash our clothes. I tutor a child twice a week and blog to release my stress (and earn on the sides). If my wits cannot hold it up anymore i call the laundry woman for a weekly laundry.Sometimes, it's just too much for me.

DO i have the right to be tired? Do i have the right to be exhausted? Sapped?
Lately, my hair is starting to fall off, there is constant backpain and restlessness in my sleep.
I have brought these up to my husband but the situation remains the same.

I believe a break is due me, right?

It is tiring to be upright and to nurture a family given my situation. Sometimes, i think of just freezing up and just be passive to all the goings-on in my life...I just get too tired already...

IF you were in my shoes, what would you do?

9 comments
  1. Amel February 4, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

    I'd ask hubby to take care of the kids and everything so that I can pamper myself and go somewhere to have a full-body massage and then just enjoy myself for a while...for 2 or 3 hours.

    Sorry to hear about this. Hope you'll get to "chill out" a bit and go relax somewhere on your own.

  2. Marie February 4, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

    thanks for the add... i guess, a few hours break will do good for you... anyway, good day!

  3. Marie February 4, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

    thanks for the add... i guess a few hours break is what you need,,, good day!

  4. Anonymous February 4, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

    added this blog girl. TC

  5. marie February 4, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

    My goolay! get a maid! Or take a break.

  6. Mimi February 4, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

    sometimes there comes a time in our lives... that we need to just step back and rethink our priorities...
    maybe you could give the girls a light chore that they could be responsible for... that would relieve you of a few moments...

    sometimes life itself becomes over burdensome...and we just need to slow down...soak in a bubble bath with a good book...and pretend we are on a secluded island all by ourselves...
    good luck with that thought!
    Mimi

  7. Heart of Rachel February 5, 2008 at 1:54 AM  

    We all need a break sometimes. Take time off to pamper yourself. There are many ways to unwind ... maybe you can go shopping, watch a movie, have dinner with friends or go to the spa. Sometimes, it's remarkable what a little relaxing time can do to uplift our well being. Take care!

  8. J February 5, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

    hey step back and close your eyes. take a deep breath and declare a specific time in the day just "your time for yourself". in short, you need a break and you deserve it.

    your guess of hubby's age is close. i am not revealing it though, because I MIGHT run a contest and this can be one of them. oh and thanks for the compliment, parang ako ang binigyan ng compliment. he's saying thank you btw, and was smiling ear to ear as I showed him your comment.

    take it easy sis.

  9. Anonymous February 9, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

    Take a break sister! You need it.

    Cheer up and take it easy my friend.