Related Posts with Thumbnails

Childhood Days...

Friday, February 01, 2008

I have vivid memories of my childhood when we really were in numerous financial difficulties. Those times were often than times of abundance. Really.
Being a big family (we are eight children), our basic needs were barely met by the salary my father received as a government employee. We practically lived from one pay check to the next. Sometimes, if not oftentimes, my parents would really resort to borrowing money from other people or relatives. Those were the days when cash advance or lending institutions were not yet as hyped as they are these days. But we were able to make it through: with or without cash advance.
Up to these days I am still amazed how my parents were able to send ALL of us, eight children, to school. No one stopped schooling until we were ALL finished with our degrees in the University.
I still wonder how my parents made us all University degree holders by just relying on my father’s hard-earned salary; and of course constant salary loans…

3 comments
  1. Anonymous February 1, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

    Hi Hailey! I liked the way you presented cash advance ;) By the way, the love and hate tag is up

    http://mlizcochico.com/?p=279

    Have a great weekend.

  2. Anonymous February 1, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

    Hi Hailey! I liked the way you presented cash advance ;) By the way the love and hate tag is up

    http://mlizcochico.com/?p=279

    Have a great weekend.

  3. Mimi February 2, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

    your parents are to be commended on their determination to see that you were all educated...