Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogging

Friday, February 29, 2008

My eldest has been bugging me that she be allowed to blog. At ten, i am having second thoughts allowing her. However, i see thirteen year olds earning thru blog already. I do not like to follow trend, i am just being protective of her.
I told her she will need more time to think and prepare what to write about. Subconsciously, it is really me who would like to be prepared. I know the net is not that "favorable" to a young mind sometimes, if not oftentimes. There are just some things that have to be filtered before immersing her into the blogging world.

1 comments
  1. PinayWAHM February 29, 2008 at 7:42 AM  

    Hey...

    I understand your concern. I, too, would probably be feeling the same. Like you said maraming unwanted elements online. I have a blogger friend who let her daughter have her own blog UNTIL some pervert left her a message so the mom turned off that blog. Instead they co-author a blog now.

    Just something to think about....

    Take care,

    Juliana