Related Posts with Thumbnails

I was busy at work today. Out of the hustle and bustle of my usual day, I heard someone called from my classroom door. Then I saw a man standing by the doorway. I stared at him for a few seconds trying to decipher who he was. I couldn't, from where I was standing.

It wasn't my husband. It wasn't my one of my brothers, either. As I came nearer, i suddenly stopped dead in my tracks.


(photo fromwww.erinbrownconroy.com)

It was one of my former students. GOSH! He has grown into a man! I wasn't able to recognize him. He has grown tall and big. The last time i remembered him was, he was in my class as a preschool student. My goodness, my 5 feet 4 inches height was no match to his height. He said he came by to greet me a belated happy birthday... Wow, i almost dropped a tear when he greeted me that. After all those years (almost 8 years) he still remembered my birthday! Of all people, he was the least I expected to remember my day. But he did. He came by and greeted me.

It feels good to be remembered...by people who have meaningfully came to my life. They may have left, but not necessarily forgotten me.

Nothing beats the feeling that indeed, as a teacher, I am dealing what matters in life...personal values and good memories.

5 comments
  1. Shosh October 30, 2007 at 7:01 AM  

    Wow, that is a great part of being a teacher!

  2. ann October 30, 2007 at 7:50 AM  

    uy, this is super touching. to be remembered by someone na tinuruan mo. not every former student does that.

  3. Heart of Rachel October 30, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

    What a heartwarming greeting. Just a proof of how much your student values you through the years.

  4. Mimi October 30, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

    As a teacher you are a great influence on young minds!!!
    I am so glad that he remembered this special day for you...
    perhaps it will make you feel better about having to continue to work and not be able to stay at home just yet!!
    and I would like to wish you a Happy Birthday Also!!!!!
    I pray for you often...

  5. Anonymous November 15, 2007 at 2:42 AM  

    Hails, that's the great thing of being a teacher. It is not really sth to be expected bt when it comes -- it really warms the heart.

    Belated happy birthday, too. :)