Related Posts with Thumbnails

The JOY in my LIFE

Wednesday, October 10, 2007


(image from www.ahajokes.com )
Last week was quite a break from my routine. I met with my long, long-time friend JOY. Joy and I have been friends since time immemorial! That is 17 years of friendship. I was still a freshman in the university when i met and befriended JOY. Now, after 3 babies for me and a post-grad degree for her ( she's single, by the way)we are still good,best of friends!!!

Over pasta and iced tea, we reminisced wonderful memories and shared tons of current events in our lives. Of course, mine was full of "mommy stories" while hers: the adventures of a single, successful career woman that she has become.
It was a very comforting time. I felt JOY's importance in my life: good trusted friends are rare, indeed. We just chatted the night away. I felt free and relaxed knowing that when i go home i would still have her ;anytime i need a real comforting friend to talk to.

6 comments
  1. Mixednuts October 10, 2007 at 10:25 PM  

    I too continue to keep in touch with my friends back from high school. It's really fun doing this.

  2. Mimi October 11, 2007 at 2:45 AM  

    you are right about your one special girlhood friend... My girlhood friend lives 1500 miles away but we still consider each other our best friend...
    the wonderful thing called E-Mail makes it so much easier to stay in touch...
    I'm happy for you that you could spend some time with your friend...
    and appreciate each others life choices!!!

  3. Anonymous October 12, 2007 at 12:40 AM  

    Nice to know you are still keeping in touch to each other and the friendship is still stronger. I miss my bestfriend as well.

  4. Anonymous October 12, 2007 at 2:47 AM  

    Exactly my thoughts Hails (except for that "successful career woman part" hehehe). It's funny how we have become mutual fans of each other's life states, and yet remain equally fanatic with the choices we've made. Your friendship will always be like a warm cozy place to come home to, our heartfelt conversations always a treasure to keep. Seventeen years? Too short I guess, compared to the many years (and tons of coffee, tea, pasta, stories, heartaches, joys, calories, etcetera) to share ahead. I look forward to it. Mwah.

  5. Julieann October 19, 2007 at 8:05 PM  

    That is so nice you have such a special friendship:)

    Julieann

  6. Charree October 20, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

    I think that is is great that even though you have different ways of life, you are still good friends. Continue treasuring your friendship.