Related Posts with Thumbnails

Have you ever heard someone uttered regrets on his or her deathbed which goes something like: "How I wish I could have spent more time in the office or at work than I did."?

It will be the weirdest thing of all, should I hear such.

Time. It is spent.

Flashes of what if's come to my mind. What if I did not choose to spend my time at home like I do most of the time? What if I chose spunky stilettos and power suits instead of flip-flops and my house dresses? What if I chose to beat the metro traffic, the rat race of the corporate? What if I chose to be in another path except the domesticated one which I have? Would I be richer? Would my kids be kids of richer parents? Maybe.

Dang. That would be awesome, right?
What is lovelier, though, is not what other people will see or observe, right? My life is not that rosy one like that of laundry detergent commercial over TV , but all I know is my time passes with:

ten feet in a bed, at one time
screams because of tickling
noisy dinner table, nightly!
arts in progress scattered on the floor, with daily doses of genre!
question from a five year old which goes: "if God is all-good then why did He create the devil?"
picnics anytime
sticky kisses
googling together for science lessons
karaoke time with kids, off tune via youtube.com
cries because of bruises for running around
long walks and biking then more bruises
tight hugs and unwashed faces in the morning ready to narrate "bad dreams"
more questions like: "Who created God?" "Did God create Himself, how?"
"Mommmy, we are out of shampoo!"

Pardon the biases, but by the way, I am poorer than most of those who are reading this. Downright less objective than most of you all.
Because I chose to spend my time, empty wallets and all, with those who make me this subjective.







10 comments
  1. Anonymous December 19, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

    I spend time more with write blog

  2. Sophiagurl December 20, 2008 at 12:56 AM  

    Happy Holidays!!!

  3. Anonymous December 21, 2008 at 5:06 AM  

    Hi Hailey! Being an SAHM is a tough job, but, enjoyable too.

    Happy Holidays!

  4. Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

    Happy Holidays, Hailey! ;o)

  5. Liz December 23, 2008 at 2:11 AM  

    Hi Hails!

    Wishing you and yours LOVE, PEACE & JOY this holiday season. Merry Christmas! :D

    Life's sweets and spices
    A Simple Life
    Moms... Check nyo
    Mommy's Little Corner

  6. raqgold December 23, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

    heehehe. i can relate!

    it is not easy but it is not tough, simply having a life at home

    merry christmas!

  7. Anonymous December 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM  

    Merry Christmas, sis! :)

  8. Heart of Rachel December 27, 2008 at 5:21 AM  

    Hi Hailey. Spending quality time with our family is time well spent.

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration. Wishing you a promising New Year.

  9. marie January 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

    Happy New year!

  10. Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

    HAppy Holidays :)