Related Posts with Thumbnails

Long Way

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dang.

I saw her instantly.

A personal bodyguard stood right next to her.

Clad in white top and jeans, she seemed to appear so simple from afar.

As I got closer, of course it was a different impression.

The Bally bag she carried is a proof that there was more to the white shirt and jeans.

Her personal driver was an earshot away from her; awaiting any errand she would ask any moment.

She has come a long way.

She spent almost all morning with us with the same chatter and warmth that she usually has: which amazes me for real. There was not a tinge or hint that I was sharing light moments with a corporate president - who she really is.

After more than two hours or so, she left aboard her Suburban .

My sister.

She has come a long, long way. She is an epitome of a successful, hardworking businesswoman.

I smiled.

Dang.

Who says life is fair? Well, I will tell you when I have my own bodyguard. LOL.

4 comments
  1. Anonymous October 22, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

    Wow, I want a personal driver. hehehe

  2. Anonymous October 22, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

    hehehee yea at times, we wonder why it seems life is not fair :)

    btw, tagged u here - http://sunshineforlife.wordpress.com/2008/10/23/alphabet-question-who-i-am-a-tag/

    happy Thursday, hails!

  3. Anonymous October 23, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

    Hello! Thanks for the tag Hailey, I have it up on my site

    http://writingsofmaria.com/?p=191

    Have a great day.

  4. Anonymous October 23, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

    Wow! Your sister is a big shot :)

    You know this is one of the reasons why we should always think that anything is possible. Because the person that we know personally has achieved something. That means we also can. And mas nakakatuwa pa kung kadugo mo :)