Related Posts with Thumbnails

That will be my question for Michael Phelps' Mom.

Or for the rest of the Olympians who will bring home the golds.

Since the Beijing Olympics began, that has been a nagging question in my mind.

Or was it since the day I heard about the sixteen years old who graduated from U.P. with Physics course, summa cum laude.

What do you think?

I know geneticists can very well explicate how genes play for exceptional human beings.

However, as a parent I still wonder how the nurture-nature factor affects achievers like them.

What is your choice: is it the genes (nature) or the milk (nurture)?

I guess, it's discipline, baby...discipline.


4 comments
  1. Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 1:48 AM  

    I believe it has something to do with the genes hehehe

  2. Kathy August 22, 2008 at 3:56 AM  

    At a recent family gathering we talked about this. I think it is his training and coaching. Pure genius! But my BIL thanks he is genetically a freak of nature. Either way he is amazing!

  3. Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

    It is both. Gene and milk or rather genes and environment and the interaction of the genes and environment. In genetics we equate this as genes (G) plus environment (E) plus GxE.

  4. Mimi August 23, 2008 at 7:24 AM  

    I believe it is in the milk (nurture) and has more to do with discipline...practice, practice and more practice makes for a good athlete.....