Related Posts with Thumbnails

My friend, Joy, has left the country for good. She is off to get her PhD in another country. She plans to stay there for good, given the fact that she was allowed eight years of work-study grant.
Part of me is sad, because the eighteen long years of our friendship has been a part of more than half of my life. Another part of me is glad that she gets to pursue higher forms of learning in another place. Although she took her Master's degree in Australia, she came back after three years. This time she has no plans of coming back yet, except for visits.

Many years ago, we had so many plans and adventures. We even planned putting up a joint business of designing T Shirts and blouses. We were both creative, that's why. Although she is the scientist, she also does painting, drawing and designing T Shirts. It was a fun time. We were young, free and very creative!

Well, life's like that and we have to move on. Friends come and go, changes happen everyday and people we are related to, sometimes leave us... Hopefully, I will still see her in the coming years! For now I know no one can substitute the Joy in my life. It is not yet goodbye, it is just "see you around" right?

1 comments
  1. WhoIsMarc? May 5, 2008 at 1:58 AM  

    hi :) care if we exchange links ^_^

    marcdionisio.blogspot.com

    thanks