Related Posts with Thumbnails

Words have always fascinated me ever since. As far as I can remember I have always been reading, all kinds of literature. Except for very technical ones, I enjoy printed words. Thus, as early as Grade school I was already into pocketbooks. I started my affair with books when I would read Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mystery stories.

In high school books of Danielle Steele, Robert Ludlum, Mills and Boon romances attracted my fancy for reading. As I grew older poetry never escaped my reading repertoire. Poets like Robert Frost, e. e. cummings and Elizabeth Barrett Brownings have been part of my reading conquest. I even studied the lives of Emily Dickinson and Sara Teasdale.

Of the contemporary writers, Erma Bombeck who said: "A friend doesn't go on a diet because you are fat"; and Robert Fulghum are among my favorites. I love their wit and logical analogies. This line of Fulghum always keeps me on my toes as a parent: "Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. "

For me, nothing compares to the feeling of putting down a book which I have read from cover to cover.

4 comments
  1. Mimi April 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

    I also love to read...I hope you have lots of time to enjoy your reading and other hobby's now that you are able to stay home for awhile...
    love,
    Mimi

  2. Anonymous April 15, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

    Reading books is really a satisfying habit :)

  3. Marie April 15, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

    i love to read too... i like sidney shieldon, danielle stell and many more... infact, i have books of them...

  4. Anonymous April 16, 2008 at 3:02 AM  

    hopping here