Related Posts with Thumbnails



Yesterday, was a kind of diverse for me. Rather than my usual routine of being a mega-multi-tasked mom and wife, I did not do my usual routine: Hubby and I went out! Yes, to the metropolis: the big polluted and noisy city. We left the tres marias of ours to the care of grandparents.

I was thrilled to really look forward to an adventurous day. It was truly different because instead of bringing our car, we took the public bus, metro-rail, and taxi. It was really an experience! Whew! The experienced knocked me out of my comfort zone. Instead of the usual comfort of a private vehicle and driver, we had it another way. I was thinking if I had to do that every day, I don’t think I will last for a week.

I toured the mall alone first. Hubby had a business meeting in the early part of the morning. I loved the feeling of being able to just be on my own and buy a few items. I picked up items mostly for the tres marias. As I lined up to pay my items, I noticed that most people are using credit cards. Although I paid mine in cash, I think paying with credit cards is a convenient way, too.

Of course, the best part of the day was trying out new foods out of the usual. There were a few items on sale (post Valentine’s promo) and I was glad I was able to get a few.

It was an experience out of my usual routine. It’s good to “move my cheese” every now and then, and let the unpredictable happen. Who can predict life , anyway?


(image from www.wymetro.com)

6 comments
  1. Sophiagurl February 17, 2008 at 4:32 AM  

    There is a certain happy feeling of freedom being alone and doing things that are all about you.

    I am glad you had a lovely time.

  2. J February 17, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

    thanks for the birthday greeting sis. remember, can't reveal the age, it might be one of the contests I will be running on my blogs soon.

  3. Marie February 18, 2008 at 5:47 AM  

    that was really an adventure! I am sure the new means of transportation that you guys used add to the excitement of that day's escapade, so to say...

    thanks for dropping by sis... good night!

  4. Mommy Lutchi February 18, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

    Musta na girl? nakikibasa lang. TC

  5. J. February 19, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

    It's liberating no. Sometimes we need this to unwind. :-) Sis, I just checked my links page and found out that I haven't linked back to you yet. I added u already. Please add me too in ur blogroll :-)

  6. Mimi February 19, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

    sounds like you had a fun filled and carefree day with your hubby...
    glad you got to do some shopping on your own...it's always easier to shop without you hubby asking "are you done yet? are you ready to go???
    does that sound familiar?? ha ha
    Mimi