Related Posts with Thumbnails


Long ago, I have read that parenting is no easy task. There are no schools where would-be parents go to achieve parenting diplomas or post-grad degrees. No parent gets to prepare 100% for the onslaught of responsibilities that come upon arrival of kids in the family. Parenting is an experiential learning process. It is a journey. DO you agree with me here?

That is what is ironic: Humans get to prepare for degrees and life-long careers just to be financially prepared but seldom do we give time to really educate ourselves with parenting skills.

Parenting books helped me through rearing my three daughters. But more than what the books offer, experiential and situational management helped me. Since I became a parent at the ages of 24, 25 and 28, it was not a walk-in-the-park experience. Up to now it is still a challenge. However, the challenge keeps me to live with a purpose: to nurture three human beings who would later be citizens.

Being a parent is one tough responsibility, but intrinsically rewarding. I get to watch my kids grow while I learn with them. I get to see life forward-looking because my children give me reasons to be a better person, everyday. I am able to keep my Faith alive because, more than skills and planning, parenting for me needs a grand dose of Divine intervention.

What about you?


(image from www.inspiredservices.co.uk)


14 comments
  1. marie January 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

    Yes! absolutely right. ample time must be given to our kids most specially on their growing years.
    Thanks so musch for taking a peep at my site.
    mariegvergara.com

  2. Unknown January 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

    off topic muna me sis, you've been tagged. check it here.

    be right back!

  3. marie January 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

    Happy New Year!

  4. J January 4, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

    wish i can say something coz i'm no mommy, not by choice but by luck. being a parent is a commitment. a commitment one can never get out. kudos to you!

    have a great day!
    ~juliana

  5. HiPnCooLMoMMa January 4, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

    i totally agree! that's why i really get pissed off when people look down on SAHM, para bang di noble job.

  6. marie January 4, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

    Hi hails! inunahan na kita mag link, hehe

  7. Nancy Janiola January 5, 2008 at 6:17 AM  

    hailey..thanks for passing by my blog...we can exlinks if you like... Have a wonderful weekend and TC!

  8. Charree January 5, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

    I don't have any children of my own yet. I do child sit an almost three year old and her eight month old brother. They are giving me a whole bunch of knowledge and preparation for when my DH and I have children.

    However, I am sure that I will still be rudely awakened when that time comes.

    Have a great weekend!

  9. Nancy Janiola January 6, 2008 at 3:11 AM  

    hi hailey..am done adding ur page to mine..hope to hear from you more often..TC!

  10. Mixednuts January 6, 2008 at 4:38 AM  

    Parenting is a hard job because we all want our kids to grow up well mannered. This is the challenge. Good luck to us all.

  11. Unknown January 6, 2008 at 4:40 AM  

    hahahaha...don't worry sis, i'll tell him...hehehehe...

  12. Mimi January 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

    Hailey,
    you hit the nail on the head!!
    when you become a parent.. that is one job that you enter without any work experience...
    it is definitely a learn as you go job...
    but it is wonderful to know that we have God beside us to help us and re-direct us as we make mistakes..
    and we do make lots of mistakes...
    Love,
    Mimi

  13. retche January 6, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

    Thanks for dropping by...im doing fine...hows life?..ingat lagi

  14. Heart of Rachel January 7, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

    When I was pregnant, I read many books about parenting but I realized that experience is the best teacher of all. I discover new things as a parent each day and I continue to learn as I go on.