Related Posts with Thumbnails


Macy of My Wonderful Journey tagged me the question to answer.
Wow, i felt nostalgic when i read this. I was reminded of my Papa. He died of a gunshot while in the line of military duty 14 years ago, leaving behind 8 children (we were ages 28-9)and my Mama as a widow.
What will i do?
I would love to hug or kiss him. We will spend the whole day sharing stories of his childhood (as an orphan), his struggles as a person, plans for all of his (and my mama's) 8 children, fears for our future and ask him why he had to "go" too early? There would have been more lasting memories for our whole family to be shared or cherished had he didn't die that early...
Before we part, I would hold his hands and tell him: "You and Mama did a wonderful work raising, disciplining and sending all 8 children to school despite poverty and struggles. You have nothing to worry about, cause we're fine and strong as a family."

I am passing this tag to Arlene Bang and Rachel

(image from honestchitchat.files.wordpress.com)<

5 comments
  1. Heart of Rachel December 6, 2007 at 6:12 AM  

    Hi Hailey. This is a touching story about your father. I could imagine how difficult it must have been when you found out about his death. I'm sure he is looking down on you and always there to guide you.

    I'll try to do this tag soon.

  2. Anonymous December 6, 2007 at 8:09 AM  

    Hello Hailey, well, I have a few. blogs that is. I would forget my password, and I would just start another.
    Just Say These Words

  3. macy December 6, 2007 at 3:31 PM  

    im pretty sure your dad is proud of you and your brothers and sisters. kudos to your mom too! thanks for doing the tag sis. have a great weekend.
    *hugs*

  4. Sunshinelene December 6, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

    done the tag, Hails. thank you so much.

    happy week-end!

  5. Anonymous December 8, 2007 at 4:31 AM  

    Hailey,
    Sorry, but I'm a wimp and if I think to hard about this I'll end up a basket case.
    I, too, am sure your dad would be sooo proud of you.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.