Related Posts with Thumbnails


As a person one of the hardest thing to do for me is to decide. Yes. To make one decision, it will take a long time for me to reflect and weigh the consequences of my decision, later.
As an early childhood educator, I have always known that children who were not given choices during the formative years, grow up to be NOT decision makers. But children who were given the opportunities to choose could make good decisions, and be more accountable for such decisions...

I know i am not one of those who were given much chance to choose. I do not blame my parents for this, but maybe out of consequences and the life situations (we are 8 siblings with only 2 parents)then, that's why.

As an adult and parent, decision-making comes hard for me because i have to always consider the effects of my decisions to the whole family. And the least person i think of is myself. Yes. As a mother my children's welfare comes foremost before my own. Thus, i find it hard to decide when faced with life-changing situations.
But then as a Christian, i should have the faith that God does not forsake His children, right?

But you see, i am God's work in progress... Faith that moves mountains will be given as grace.

5 comments
  1. Mimi October 31, 2007 at 5:02 PM  

    Hailey,
    God knows your heart... and he knows that you want to do what is right for your family... so keep praying for his guidance and he will direct you to the right choices...
    be faithful in your prayers!!
    Be Encouraged!!!

  2. ann November 1, 2007 at 2:12 AM  

    hi hailey! ako i'm one very indecisive person and you're right, now that I'm older, it's quite hard to make decisions, more of afraid i'm not doing the right thing. anyway, i'm sure you'll do ok in your decisions. after all, you know God will not forsake you. :)

  3. Shosh November 1, 2007 at 7:27 PM  

    Hailey, I see no problem in being a deliberate decision maker. My husband takes forever to make momentous decision, but then he hardly ever regret the ones he'd made.

    Eight siblings! Wow. I wanted ten children...I have five, close enough.

  4. Shosh November 1, 2007 at 7:28 PM  

    I have no pattern in my decision making. Some decisions I make out of gut call, others I've agonized over, and yet other times, I would make so arbitrary because well, there's no other way to make it really.

  5. Anonymous November 5, 2007 at 1:38 PM  

    Nice post. We all make decisions in our lives so we can all relate. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Nagkataon pang halos same tayo. ;)